Launching today, The Lab at ICA is a four-week seed accelerator program designed for high-growth businesses with up to $500K in revenues.
ICA’s model has shown that our unique combination of coaching and capital helps Bay Area small businesses grow, build long-term resilience, and build wealth for their workers and communities. Now, we are adding a new accelerator program to our continuum of targeted business support.
The Lab at ICA is designed to support high potential early stage businesses by helping them stabilize, grow, and become capital-ready. Through workshops and office hours over a four week period, companies focus on strengthening their business model, creating a path to increased profitability, establishing a 6 to 12 month growth roadmap, and preparing the business to take on micro-debt or micro-equity.
Since its launch in 2016, more than 30 entrepreneurs have accelerated their businesses through the Accelerator at ICA. Dozens of other companies have attended ICA workshops, and participated in offerings like our Resilience Lab Accelerator. The Lab at ICA is the next step in our model’s evolution. Established after many hours of research and iteration, we are confident the The Lab at ICA provides early-stage small businesses with a strong foundation to help them reach financial sustainability and profitability.
ICA works with companies that are:
- Located in the 9-county San Francisco Bay Area
- A for-profit business in one of the following industries: Retail (including e-commerce), Packaging, Warehousing and Distribution, CPG Manufacturing, Business Services, or Food and Beverage
- Focused on strategic growth and fundraising in the next 12 to 18 months
- Earning revenue and in operation for a minimum of one year
- Ready and able to fully participate: The Lab has an estimated commitment of 2 to 4 hours per week for 6 weeks
→ Interested in joining the Lab at ICA? Apply here.
Have questions? Read more in the FAQ.