ICA is seeking an Office Manager to help the entire ICA team to ensure smooth operation of the Organization by organizing customer data, maximizing employee productivity, and planning/executing internal and external events. The Office Manager will report to the VP of Finance and Administration. The position is based in Oakland, CA with hybrid in-office and remote work.
ICA: Not Business As Usual
People of color, especially women of color, start businesses at higher rates than white people — but are constrained by structural inequities and often overlooked by mainstream funders. Through our coaching, connections, and capital we partner with, mentor, and invest in underestimated Bay Area entrepreneurs to accelerate great businesses and build an economy that works for all.
- This opportunity will allow you to help enable rapid growth. You will help our team take our work to the next level in a deeply rewarding environment because:
- We partner intensely with our entrepreneurs over years and see the impact of our work daily when we buy their products, watch them create new jobs, and grow the local economy.
- We’re proving there is a better way to structure capital and support racial equity in small business through our unique VC/equity model of financing.
- We act like a fast-paced lean startup – combining the best of the for profit and nonprofit worlds with a laser focus on our entrepreneurs.
- Support the entire team's administrative and office/remote office needs. Participate in people operations and HR. Onboard new employees, obtain computer equipment and office supplies, coordinate HR matters, coordinate calendaring items. Utilize Expensify and Bill.com. 20%
- Key player in data collection and management of client customer relationship, demographic, and financial information. Organize and backup cloud data. Utilize Salesforce. 20%
- Cover the Organization's front desk, including sending, receiving and distributing mail and packages. Monitors Organization's general email and voicemail messages. 15%
- Responsible for facilities management, including co-working, storage, and self-storage. Primary contact with facility operators or owners for repair and maintenance. 10%
- Plan and execute internal and external events. Research and negotiate venues. Arrange service providers. Attend and monitor event success. 15%
- Other duties as assigned. 20%
Who you are:
- You are a people and systems pro who has experience with HR and using online systems to keep everyone productive.
- You are excited when you can multi-task and handle the office in a diverse and vibrant environment.
- You instinctively operate from a lens of collaboration – working with others to meet shared goals and balancing the needs of various stakeholders.
- You pride yourself on your exceptional ability to create tools, plans and processes that support complex work and remove obstacles to achieving results.
- You enjoy planning social and business events and being there from beginning to end.
- You thrive in a culture that prioritizes diversity, and values honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
What you bring:
- 3-5 years’ experience in people operations, office management and/or HR.
- Demonstrated success in planning and executing professional events for employees and customers.
- Demonstrated success in onboarding new employees and getting them productive right away.
- Exceptional people skills and ability to keep organized.
- Working ability to use tools such as Bill.com, Expensify, and Gusto.
- Experience using Salesforce and project management tools such as Asana on a daily basis.
Our Offer and Commitment:
The salary and benefits package for this position is competitive. ICA is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, and other legally protected characteristics. ICA’s full benefits package includes: 3 weeks of annual paid vacation; 7 days of annual paid sick leave; employer-paid health, dental, vision, life insurance and disability benefits; 50% employer-paid dependent health, dental and vision; and 401(k)plan with matching.
How to apply:
If this opportunity sounds like it’s for you, please submit a cover letter and resume by October 15, 2021. If you are not sure if this opportunity is for you, are simply curious, or know someone who would be perfect, please email us.
Download a PDF of this Job posting here.