ICA is seeking a Marketing Manager to manage our communications and marketing efforts. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the Director of Marketing and Impact to execute on the organization’s communications strategy, market our work to existing and new audiences, and help ICA build, and maintain a strong and consistent brand. This position requires strong project management abilities, a willingness to experiment, and comfort in across-functional role.
THE ROLE IN DETAIL
Manages day-to-day Marketing operations to ensure the department runs smoothly by keeping projects on-schedule, assets organized, and the team on the same page.
- Maintains accuracy and quality of email lists
- Uses Asana to keep track of to-dos, calendars, and keep organized
- Tracks and organizes all images and media assets – photos, videos, etc.
- Manages print and promotional product inventory and orders
- Maintains and managesICA website, including e-commerce store and Analytics
- Oversees Google Ads account
- Fields marketing requests from the ICA community, our clients, and partners
Works with the Director of Marketing to execute the communications strategy and identify new opportunities and new channels through which to tell the ICA story.
- Oversees, manages, and deploys the organizational content calendar
- Researches opportunities for and makes connections w/ media & content partners
- Works with the Programs team to align marketing strategy with Programs priorities and major events, and ensurethat accuracy of releases
- Brainstorms and develops ideas for social media and e-marketing campaigns
Produces engaging, meaningful, and on-brand content for ICA website to convert customers.
- Regularly writes blogs, external company announcements, etc.
- Works with creative partners, as necessary, to produce additional content
Works closely with the ICA Development team in support of fundraising efforts providing as-needed marketing and communications support.
- Ensures that Development and Marketing communications lists are in sync
- Regularly meets withDevelopment team to sync external comms. and content calendar
Analyzes marketing efforts by creating reports to track marketing performance and quantify ICA’s audiences(s), and identifies new areas for growth.
- Tracks, analyzes, and optimizes Facebook Pixel performance, MailChimp email subscription and open rate data, Google Analytics trends, and social media and email marketing datato inform future marketing strategies
- Creates regular marketing performance reports for Management team
Manages the ICA social media accounts.
- Creates content for allICA social media account
- Replies to inquiries over social media and engages with followers
KEY KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A willingness to experiment, try new things, and learn new skills.
- Belief in the ICA mission of closing the racial and gender wealth gap and an ability to think holistically connecting day-to-day marketing activities to the mission.
- Project management skills and experience.
- Experience with digital marketing techniques, and marketing and web analytics tools including MailChimp, Salesforce, Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook for Business, LinkedIn, etc.
- Experience tracking, measuring, and optimizing online marketing campaigns and ad spend; familiarity with SEO and SEM practices.
- General technological literacy is a must; working knowledge of Excel; familiarity and comfort working with MS Office products, Dropbox, and G Suite.
- Ability to write effective marketing content that is concise, clear, empathetic, and on-brand.
- A sense of design aesthetics and an appreciation for good copy.
- Exceptional listener; flexible and empathetic; attention to nuance in all facets of work.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (verbally and in writing).
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines and prioritize effectively.
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement.
- Ability to learn quickly and adjust processes as necessary.
- Analytical and data-driven abilities, as well as soft skills – having a deep understanding of organizational culture and working processes is critical.
- Able to “wear multiple hats”; able to manage multiple projects at once and prioritize.
- Experience as an entrepreneur or small business owner or familiarity with what it takes to run a small business, not required, but a plus.