ICA is a nationally recognized 501(c)3 organization that provides coaching, connections, and capital to accelerate great businesses in order to close the racial and gender wealth gaps. With a 25-year track record of supporting high-potential companies, ICA provides a continuum of support for underestimated entrepreneurs in the Bay Area through the combination of tailored accelerator programs – which provide hands-on advising and business education – and “right-sized” debt and equity investments.
At ICA, we believe that small businesses everywhere have the power to transform communities. As a team, we put our mission front and center, and we support each other through consistent hard work, collective problem-solving, and entrepreneurial spirit. Our inclusive culture fosters mutual respect, collaboration, trust, and collegiality in a supportive work environment.
ICA is seeking a Development Manager. The Development Manager plays an essential role in securing philanthropic contributions to support ICA’s programs and operations. In collaboration with the CEO, Development Consultant, and Program and Investment teams, the Manager has responsibility for supporting the management of a growing portfolio of funders, including project management, content creation for grant proposals and reports, and other contact management and stewardship activities as required by ICA’s funders. The Manager ensures timely and accurate management of grants and donations, including tracking donor information and status, reporting, recognition, and acknowledgment activities.
- Support the management of a portfolio of 65+ funders and prospects, including contributing to strategy development and tracking status and next steps.
- Manage, report on, and ensure timely follow up on funder-related tasks, deliverables, and timelines.
- Conduct the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals and reports.
- Write grant proposals and reports, including collaborating with Program and Investment teams to gather and integrate new research, data, and stories to match funders’ needs and interests.
- Coordinate with Impact team to manage impact data and report on key metrics to funders, including conducting additional data analytics as needed.
- In coordination with Finance team, create and track budget proposals and reports.
- Track and report on funds and fundraising goals, including serving as primary liaison with Finance team on fundraising pipeline and compliance.
- Maintain donor and grant databases and files, including maintaining contacts and tracking donations, due dates, and grant pipelines.
- Conduct prospect research to diversify and grow the pipeline of funders.
- Prepare for, and participate in, funder meetings, helping to maintain ICA’s relationships with current donors and foster relations with prospective donors.
- Support marketing and communications efforts, i.e. blog posts, annual Impact Report, social media posts.
- Support preparation for, and updates and presentations to, ICA’s Board of Directors
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested.
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years experience of grant writing and/or writing for external audiences, research, project management or comparable experience required
- Superior written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to write and communicate clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive narratives.
- Strong editing skills, excellent attention to detail, and ability to use data to create strategic and compelling arguments.
- Knowledge of a variety of fund-raising strategies and methods.
- Possess an interest in a non-profit career, particularly development and fundraising; enthusiasm for ICA’s mission
- •Able to conduct research, gather data, analyze information, and prepare reports and other materials.
- Familiarity w/ financial information, including ability to create and/or evaluate grant budgets.
- Team player who thrives on collaboration
- Ability to work independently and successfully manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- Responsible, flexible, hard‐working, ethical, and has a strong sense of commitment.
- Possess a high level of organizational skills, is detail oriented, and able to prioritize in a deadline-driven environment.
- Skilled with Google suite; experience with Salesforce and project management tools preferred.
- Bonus compensation based on performance
- 401(k) plan with employer matching
- Health insurance (Kaiser)
- Dental and Vision Insurance
Location and Travel
This position is based in Oakland, CA and may require local travel(in the Bay Area) from time to time.
Download a PDF of this Job posting here.